With Father’s Day just around the corner, I want to share some amazing gift alternatives to the traditional types of gifts we often end up giving these special men in our lives…and a few other suggestions as well.
- Classic Shaving Kit: instead sign him up for the Dollar Shave Club. Amazing razors and grooming supplies delivered right to his door. No more excuses for not shaving (perhaps a gift for you too)!
- Leather Wallet: here is a wallet that is sure to please him, the Ridge Wallet. Manly, yet sleek and durable.
- Beer: not just any beer. Buy from a wonderful selection of craft beers at Bishop’s Landing. It will tickle his pallet and his heart…and may even make him the envy of the neighbourhood.
- Wrist Watch: this is always a great gift, and there are some really cool watches here, but if he has an iPhone this may be the way to go. Or for that fitness guy Fitbits are real winners.
Home DIY Guy:
- Gift Cards: to be honest they are kinda thoughtless. Instead, shop your local Kent for something he could use, or perhaps something he’s always wanted but has always fallen to the bottom of the ever-growing priority list. If they don’t like it, they can return it for credit.
- Suitcase: not a good idea…this says “see you later”. However, a BauBax hoodie says “have a wonderful trip and we will miss you”!
- Sports Memorabilia: forget this. He likely has a ton already. Instead, get him tickets to the Memorial Cup 2019 (when they go on sale)…cash equivalent or a gift certificate for them will be just fine…trust me.
- Sexy-time Voucher: always a nice way to say I love you…but try topping off your gift with a night away at a unique B&B. Call that babysitter!
Good luck shopping for the amazing father’s in your lives. And who knows, with gifts like these maybe they we will reciprocate the thoughtfulness next May (fingers crossed).